[cryptography] Asynchronous forward secrecy encryption

Tony Arcieri bascule at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 18:36:03 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) <
lists at infosecurity.ch> wrote:

>  Shouldn't we first try to improve Internet Standard, and only after look
> for custom (and usually not interoperable) implementation?

Well, if you want a forward secrecy for asynchronous communication using
existing Internet standards, perhaps you could use DTLS?

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework-01#page-20

But FWIW, most of the design elements of Nitro come from CurveCP (albeit
implemented atop TCP):

http://curvecp.org/

Call CurveCP "custom" if you wish, but it's the sort of thing that *should*
be an Internet standard ;)

--
Tony Arcieri