[cryptography] Chaos theory

jameschoate at austin.rr.com jameschoate at austin.rr.com
Thu Sep 26 11:17:11 EDT 2013

Wolfram's book is about CAs and not chaos/fractals in general.

For an initial intro you might try "Chaos and Fractals - New Frontiers of Science" by  Hans-Otto Peitgen, Rudolph Dietmar, Saupe, Heinz-Otto, Hartmut Juergens. You'll also want to get all their other books. Your first read should always be Mandelbrot's books.  For a more fun approach you should also check out Pickover's books if you want to see some code snippets and try your hand at playing with the math.

All of these books have been around long enough that you should be able to find them in your local used bookstores in larger market at considerable discounts. I see them in here in Austin/Dallas/San Antonio in Half Price Books for as little as $10.

http://www.hpb.com

---- Collin RM Stocks <collin at sibilance.org> wrote:
> On 09/22/2013 10:23 PM, coderman wrote:
> > if you're looking for general research in complexity / chaos, shortcut
> > to perusing:
> >
> > Santa Fe Instutute series[0] then AKNOS[1]
> >
> > from there you'll be able to traverse the myraid particulars of interest...
> >

> > best regards,
> >

> > 0. "Santa Fe Institute Series"
> >    https://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=bibliogroup:"Santa+Fe+Institute+Series"&cad=3#q=bibliogroup%3A%22Santa+Fe+Institute+Series%22&safe=off&tbm=bks
> >    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Fe_Institute
> >
> > 1. "A New Kind of Science"
> >    http://www.wolframscience.com/nksonline/toc.html
> >

> Thanks, I'll take a look.
>
> --
> jTDSi2iTpW4qBsAR5wuO2eIDmKkbArSMyIpvlXlE8nAF1w5nv2+oBKhp9/sT
> k4UO05sEd3BeLrK4mCoGZiQp/kyAqu6jwvLypofUhx8jV8Em/MVUxGX7Kmwx
> ITJUJmw9QIOe1t9hkDmpkEOpAaCyryjVQwOZwV0OD+e+YxV3IH5/X2Hz/Ed3
> UY/SwFdmMv9EC7ZLooFhOLCrWtfvZ+IP+mgF9Ts72bYJKXjacU3ZFMIiVZf+
> oGX28A2DFbTm2Lhak4bX8IrKL4kqYq+7hH39OQWM3ImPaWyqskckevzKeyqI
> A9gkVpAupp22csx6NgzE3GRFjIR5Yqc1Cdy5kB0N7w==

 -- -- -- --
Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus

jameschoate at austin.rr.com
jchoate at confusionresearchcenter.org