[cryptography] XTS mode

Jonathan Thornburg jthorn at astro.indiana.edu
Sat Sep 28 23:25:03 EDT 2013

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013, Mansour Moufid wrote:
> XTS-AES must be rekeyed after each terabyte; [[...]]

This reminds me of a question I wanted to ask the more knowledgable
crypto-folk on this list:  What is currently known about the security
of AES-XTS mode?  Is there a good up-to-date survey paper somewhere?

ciao,

--
-- "Jonathan Thornburg [remove -animal to reply]" <jthorn at astro.indiana-zebra.edu>
   Dept of Astronomy & IUCSS, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA