[cryptography] Talon - A new hand cipher with playing cards

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 11:29:09 EDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 11:36:57PM -0600, Aaron Toponce wrote:
>     2. Note the face value of discard pile #1, ignoring suit, and count that
>        many cards from the top of the deck, and place them on top of discard
>        pile #1. If the card was a Jack, then count 11 cards from the face up
>        deck in your hard, and place them on top of the Jack. Do the same for
>        the other three piles, in order (#2, then #3, then #4).

Simple oversight: the counting should start from '2', rather than '1'. If the 4
cards placed are kings, you won't have 13*4 cards to place down on top.

Also, while running some analysis on the algorithm, I noticed that the size of
the 4 talons, or discard piles, follows a Poisson distribution function. I'm
not sure if this is actually creating a bias in the algorithm, or not.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o