[cryptography] First public DNSChain server went online yesterday!

Natanael natanael.l at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 16:38:27 EST 2014

1: Domains expire unless renewed.

2: Transfers are possible.

3: The security model of blockchain based systems like Namecoin is that the
primary chain had the greatest amount of proof-of-work behind it, and you
can't fake the proof-of-work. You can try to isolate a node and provide a
fake chain, but the moment the client sees the current main chain it will
see it has more proof-of-work behind it and dismiss the previous shorter
chain.

- Sent from my phone