[cryptography] random number generator

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sat Nov 22 01:47:19 EST 2014

On Fri, 21 Nov 2014, dj at deadhat.com wrote:

> > OK, if you think my Jytter TRNG is weak,
>
> I did not say it was weak. I said Jytter (and any other algorithm) is
> deterministic when run on an entropy free platform. This is a simple
> fact.
>
> By all meas design new and interesting ways to extract platform entropy,
> but condition your claims on that entropy being there.

Indeed, and I'm still waiting for this claim to be vindicated:

``Jytter does all of this and has been validated and proven by the worlds
  leading random number experts''

The OP shouldn't have any hesitation in naming these "worlds [sic] leading
random number experts", nor in providing pointers to such proofs.  As a
dabbler in crypto and with a mathematical background, I really would like
to learn from these experts.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)