[cryptography] random number generator

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Nov 22 05:13:31 EST 2014

On 2014-11-22 06:31, dj at deadhat.com wrote:
>> OK, if you think my Jytter TRNG is weak,
>
> I did not say it was weak. I said Jytter (and any other algorithm) is
> deterministic when run on an entropy free platform. This is a simple fact.

All platforms have entropy.

If they boot from a physical disk, microturbulence creates true
randomness in data availability.

If they are on the net, packets arrive at random times with random delays.

If they are using wifi, not only are packets arriving at random times,
but are affected by random noise.

The question is, does all this entropy show up in Jytter?  I rather
think it does.