[cryptography] [OT] any updates on shellshock?

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Oct 4 21:36:41 EDT 2014

On 2014-10-05 10:57, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> And if random security vulnerabilities are on-topic for discussion
> here, we might as well just be reading bugtraq/fulldisc/.../4chan
> instead.

We are not discussing, and were not asked to discuss, what precisely
went wrong and how to fix it, which would indeed be matters for another
list.

There is a middle ground between being bug tracker, and being oblivious
to the problems that cryptography has to solve, and the environment
within which it has to solve it.