[cryptography] Define Privacy

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 17:40:30 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:22 PM, Eric Mill <eric at konklone.com> wrote:
> The US Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board will be having a public
> all-day meeting on November 12th on exactly this: "Defining Privacy".
>
> http://www.pclob.gov/newsroom/20141020/
>
> I've been to their meetings before, in person here in DC, and I find some
> (not all) of the board members to be in sync with many (not all) of the
> norms of the privacy and security community.
Out of curiosity, who are the board members?

It would be a real drag if the organization was setup like Citizens
for Fire Safety. The action committee campaigned to continue use of
toxic chemicals as a fire retardant at the expense of resident's and
firefighters' lives. Later, it was learned the two or three members of
Citizens for Fire Safety were chemical companies.