[cryptography] Complete repository of known playing card ciphers

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:00:06 EDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:50:27PM +0200, Natanael wrote:
> Will you attempt to model human shuffling too and see how it affects
> analysis? Is there maybe any existing work on that too reuse? I'd like to
> know what the minimum requirement would be for a human to achieve a secure
> shuffle for these ciphers (in case any of these ciphers would actually be
> secure enough given a proper shuffle).

On the index, I link to a PDF written by Brad Mann from Harvard that studies
the Riffle Shuffle, which includes the birthday paradox and Markov chains. I
could certainly create a page that summarized the highlights in that PDF, and
what it takes to introduce sufficient unpredictability into a standard deck
using the Riffle Shuffle. I think there are other pages that could be created,
minimizing the amount of content that needs to be digested on each page.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o