[cryptography] The Trouble with Certificate Transparency

Greg greg at kinostudios.com
Sun Sep 28 20:34:58 EDT 2014

On Sep 28, 2014, at 5:23 PM, Paul Wouters <paul at cypherpunks.ca> wrote:
> No. On the contrary, DNScrypt requires a centralised and pre-authenticated setup

That word, "centralised" (sic), I do not think it means what you think. ;)

The "Crypt" part of DNSCrypt is decentralized by design, anyone can run their own DNSCrypt server and is not required to access it from anyone in particular.

DNS, on the other hand, is still fairly centralized, so if that's what you were referring to, then I agree wholeheartedly. That is where the blockchain comes in. :)

Kind regards,
Greg Slepak