[cryptography] slide attack to lightweight algorithms

Ryan Carboni ryacko at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 01:07:42 EDT 2015

Nope.

Slide attack and reflection attacks are only possible if there's a certain
symmetry in the key schedule. TEA has a lousy key schedule, but it is not
symmetrical. Neither is PRESENT.

Question: if I were to see the ciphertext being processed under a slide
attack, what would it look like? A short cycle?

Is the S-1 block cipher cryptanalysis the first slide attack?