[cryptography] Paris Attacks Blamed on Strong Cryptography and Edward Snowden

Givon Zirkind givonne at gmx.com
Tue Dec 1 06:43:03 EST 2015

the logical choice, as absurd as it may seem, is actually 3. allow for
the occassional terrorist success.
because, empirically, it works that way.  it does happen from to time
even with all our current measures.  and, intuitively, the high level
surveillance doesn't catch these ppl anyway.  these are people who
really really don't want to be found.  ex. heightened airport security
hasn't caught terrorists. lots of petty thieves and money launderers.
but, no terrorists.