[cryptography] John Gilmore: Cryptography list is censoring my emails

Sadiq Saif lists at sadiqs.com
Thu Jan 1 13:48:49 EST 2015

On 1/1/2015 13:40, Adam Back wrote:
> nah what am I thinking probably! 1988 if not earlier, 27 years :)
>
> The point is block lists suck, they're always blocking false things,
> and vigilante abusive takes 3x longer to take you off than for you to
> complain or unresponsive etc.

DNSBLs do occasionally get false positives, this is true. In this case,
it is not really a false positive if spammers are relaying spam through
your insecure server is it?

> They'll also falsely block you not because your config is insecure but
> because it doesnt match their preferred configuration.  Quite
> irritating if you ever tried running your own mail server.

Their preferred configuration is "is it relaying spam or not?". Open
relays = relaying spam.

He can run his open relay if he wants to, but, he also loses all right
to bitching about getting blacklisted when his open relay is spewing
garbage.

--
Sadiq Saif
https://staticsafe.ca