[cryptography] QODE(quick offline data encryption)

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Tue Jan 6 18:25:53 EST 2015

At 04:55 PM 1/6/2015, you wrote:

Yes, that is the received canon of cryptosystems:

1.Sarcasm toward unqualified efforts,

2. Designing cryptosysystems is *hard*.

3. No, that's too mild, it's mindblowingly* hard.

4. It doesn't start with code, it strts with mathematical description.

5. No, even that is not true, it starts with years of study.

6. Denizens of this list have seen a hundred cryptosystems crash and burn.

7. Some of them designed by very clever people.

8. Designing crytposystems is hard.

9. Don't even think of trying it, not unless a
fewyears spent studying the state of the art.

10. Sorry to be blunt.

Not to mention how often thclaims are made despite thier sounding like
alchemy and astrology, cultish, religious,
authoritarian, scientistic, recruitment
for arcane pursuit of unsolvable mysteries, and hardly applicable to the long
and varied history of cryptology suffused with bizarre claims, subterfuge,
deception, betrayal, treachery, obligatory prevarication, inherent cheating,
diabolical misrepresentation of trustworthiness, venomous accusations
against competitors, unrestrained dupery and duplicity against the unwary,
citizen and royalty alike.

Nor that mathematics is a modern innovation in cryptology and remains
its weakest element due to inability of its applicators to wed it to code
and hardware without recourse to alchemy and astrology favored by
promoters, sales and PhDs who dream of math as golden key to natsec.

QODE, QED.