[cryptography] QODE(quick offline data encryption)

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Wed Jan 7 17:19:42 EST 2015

On 7 Jan 2015 22:11 +0000, from michael at kjorling.se (Michael Kjörling):
> Even if the rotation is bitwise
> over the entire plaintext input, the value is bounded by 8 * L, where
> L is the length in bytes of the plaintext input. For a full DVD (a
> little over 4 GiB), that value is about 32 billion, corresponding to
> right around 32 bits of key.

Apologies for the noise, people; of course, 32e9 corresponds to about
35 bits of key. (log(32e9)/log(2) ~ 34.9) Stupid mistake of mine that
I really should have caught in proofreading. Doesn't change the big
picture, though; for these purposes, 32 = 35.

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se
OpenPGP B501AC6429EF4514 https://michael.kjorling.se/public-keys/pgp