[cryptography] How far are we from quantum cryptography?

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Sun Jan 25 15:45:13 EST 2015

Far.  The state of the art in quantum computing hardware is a small handful of qbits.  I think the current record is three or four, and the engineering challenges grow more daunting as the number grows.  It might turn out that practical quantum computing is in fact not possible.   But if that’s the case, the limiting factor is not yet know, so one should not be too complacent.  If the history of technology teaches anything it is that anything that is not impossible is inevitable.

rg