[cryptography] Javascript Password Hashing: Scrypt with WebCrypto API?

Izaac izaac at setec.org
Fri Mar 13 16:26:26 EDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 12:29:58PM -0600, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
> OK. So I guess we return to the original question, does anyone know of
> an scrypt implementation in JavaScript?

They've already been posted.  But unlike Alexander who was kind enough
to repeat himself, I won't give any further encouragement to folly.

Stop.  Really: stop.

Client-side-in-browser JavaScript crypto does not and cannot provide
security.  Like building a castle from jello, it is flawed in
conception.

--