[cryptography] Unbreakable crypto?

Givon Zirkind givonne at gmx.com
Sun Mar 22 10:50:16 EDT 2015

On 3/20/2015 6:56 PM, Michael Kjörling wrote:
> On 20 Mar 2015 15:11 -0400, from kevinsisco61784 at gmail.com (Kevin):
>> I was tempted by the promise of software to run a one-time pad on my
>> machine.  I am a fool and I fall upon my own sword.
> An unauthenticated one-time pad is trivial to implement; it's
> literally a few lines of code in any reasonably modern language, and a
> handful of lines of code in less modern ones.
>
> The hard part, as has been pointed out in this thread, is to generate
> and handle the _pad_.

imho, this is not as difficult as you say.  using a time-date stamp as
part of your seed.
the real difficulty is in the length of the key.  rounding & other
calculations errors will quickly interfere.
but, for up to 500 characters, the length of the avg email, imho, you
can produce a non-reusable pad