[cryptography] GoVPN -- reviewable secure state-off-art crypto free software VPN daemon

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Mon May 4 06:33:28 EDT 2015

On May 4, 2015 5:09 AM, "Jane" <latercera at consultant.com> wrote:

> Actually, in my oh so very humble opinion, world has enough reasonably
good VPNs that can operate on reasonably good connections.

> What is lacking is something that can function transparently and
effectively on a very flakey connection (thing lousy GPRS one) without
introducing noticeable overhead.
> Given that lousy GPRS connections are unstable, any classic VPN scheme
starts suffering a lot of connection re-negotiation overhead, which sucks
(even if the overhead for a single instance of properly negotiating a
session key is minuscle, when you do it every goddamn time connection is
lost, it starts adding up really fast).
> Also, hearbeating tends to eat mobile battery pretty fast.

What you're looking for is "multi homed vpn", there are quite a few posts
and articles on the subject. Both OpenVPN and IPSec can do this (though
IPSec is more flexible and should do exactly what you want).