[cryptography] Javascript scrypt performance comparison

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Fri May 8 04:34:28 EDT 2015

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 09:04:47AM +0200, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) - lists wrote:
> Do you think that yescrypt-lite in JS will be a reasonable substitute of
> scrypt within a defined amount of time (we're open and interested to
> integrate latests crypto)?

according to someone close to the PHC compo, yescrypt is rich with
side-channels, i wonder how to secure js implementations against these, and
the extra sidechans that are introduced by the usage of js itself. can anyone
enlighten pls?

i start to wonder what the name globaleaks really refers to, sidechans?

--
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt