[cryptography] Enranda: 4MB/s Userspace TRNG

Krisztián Pintér pinterkr at gmail.com
Wed May 27 07:19:19 EDT 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 2:54 AM, Stuart Christmas
<stuart.christmas at gmail.com> wrote:
> the answers to all your questions are in the blog - you just have to have
> the patience to read it.

no, the right place for this information is on the front page, with
super big sans-serif typeface. trust me, i spent some 5 minutes to
find information, the five minutes it deserves. this is the service
you are providing. thank you, i can write software. i can even write
cryptographic entropy whitener. i don't care about your whitening
algorithm. i also don't care about your software. what i do care about
is an in-depth analysis on why do yo think there is so much entropy,
and what is the actual source of that entropy. if you indeed have a
document about these, give us a direct link.

> Also, you say "if your proposed method comes with a complex extractor, it is
> bullshit".... how so?

as i have explained, whitening is easy. not only easy, already done.
it is not market-worthy. i can write a much slimmer, cheaper, more
general and more secure and robust whitener in no time. i only need a
proper estimate on entropy content.