[cryptography] Paris Attacks Blamed on Strong Cryptography and Edward Snowden

Givon Zirkind givonne at gmx.com
Tue Nov 17 13:39:47 EST 2015

imho, the crypto involved is not the issue.  not having boots on the
ground, good intel, good spies who can walk and talk like the enemy, is
the real issue.  there was no crypto in the false i.d. papers used to
gain entry.  there is no crypto in exploiting the humanitarian aid being
given to syrian refugees.  these people operate in unconnected cells.
how much communication can there be; once an idea is hatched; a plan
formed and; put into motion--from a few secret meetings.  esp. since
they know enough to have to maintain radio silence.