[cryptography] Paris Attacks Blamed on Strong Cryptography and Edward Snowden

Notify notify at sandpaddle.com
Fri Nov 20 07:42:11 EST 2015

Summarizing, John Young says crypto has served bad motives and is engaged commerce for money. Since crypto can be sold to governments (those who don’t employ the majority of top mathematicians, I assume), it is oppressive and some people make money selling it.

I doubt there is a prison, spy headquarters, or torture chamber in the world that did not begin with the pencil of an architect. For money. What shall we do about architects?

I think it may have been Phil Zimmermann who pointed out that the most elaborate and expensive of homes spend only a pittance on the door locks. If crypto is the path to commercial riches, it would come as a surprise to the capitalists on Sand Hill Road.

Ed Stone