[cryptography] Kernel space vs userspace RNG

Luca Testoni info at lucatestoni.it
Mon May 9 05:01:10 EDT 2016

On 06/05/2016 18:12, Kevin wrote:
> I may be way off but it seems to me that a colonel level RNG can only
> pick up entropy from boot which means hardware noise.  Isn't that easy
> to beat with an acoustic attack?  Maybe user space is a bit better
> because you have more entropy to be gathered.

Hi all, first time here
Recently i've presented my thesis based on TRNG.
I've made a circuit oscillator based on Chua's circuit that produce RN
and pass the FIPS 140-2 test.

The Phisical phenomenon that produce entropy in that case is the random
oscillation of the tension inside the circuit.

Cheers
Luca