[cryptography] Kernel space vs userspace RNG

Krisztián Pintér pinterkr at gmail.com
Fri May 13 04:03:17 EDT 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 5:18 AM, David Johnston <dj at deadhat.com> wrote:
> 3) Confusing chaos for entropy is not necessarily the right thing to do.

chaos vs entropy:

1, is there anything else? i don't think that we have well established
knowledge that the world has any randomness at all. maybe quantum
stuff does that, but it is far from well understood.

2, why not chaos? we do know that it is impossible to learn every
information about a system. and if it is chaotic, our predictions
diverge from reality exponentially with time. this means that there is
an amount of time in which the inevitable initial errors lead to
completely unpredictable state. if we choose this time as our sampling
interval, chaos is perfect entropy.